Digital-age strategies for making depression work for rather than against us by means of art & community as behavior modification.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Process :: a Film Making Model for This Project?



This is "Four-Eyed Monsters" and their approach to film making in the digital age.

I'm scared, but will not allow the fear to stop me.

NOTE: The last two Mission Statement videos (#1 / #2) were created using varying levels / styles of filmic anonymity. Trying to find a style that works. Color for sure. The crawl? What do you think?

Listening to them again, see that I'm hopefully giving just enough of my story for you to have faith in me, to establish a bit of street cred.

With the publication of these videos I publicly come out of the depression closet. Dang. This is big. Only came out to my family two years ago. It's all good.

Hi. My name is Jan and I'm a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and associated depression. I am as successful as a human being as I am capable of being. I've made a life with depression for myself. A life that works.


I want to speak with others who have mastered the craft of living with - not despite - depression. How do YOU do it?



Tags:

No comments:



Creative Commons License
Attribution spec: DepressionStrategies.blogspot.com